Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dale Chihuly

I have always been a huge fan of Dale Chihuly....both of us are Washingtonians. I finally just made it to the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, Washington this past weekend. Blown glass is just stunning. I got in free which made the whole experience even better (something about being a college student).  My favorite part was the Hot Shop. You get to watch the artists actually make the glass artwork. You can watch a virtual streaming of the Hot Shop right here. It was really a fun experience. Now, here are some fantastic pictures of some of my favorite Chihuly installations that I have had the pleasure of actually seeing. 

The Victoria & Albert Museum in London
  

Chihuly Bridge of Glass in Tacoma, Washington


Lincoln Square in Bellevue Washington 
Chihuly installation at Lincoln Square in Bellevue - 2nd Floor by Adam

2 comments:

  1. The Disney cruise line ships have really neat glass ornaments that look similar

    http://z.about.com/d/goflorida/1/0/F/C/wdw-cruise-magicatriumlobby.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin